20 July 2010

work

i called off work tonight. i didn't fake sick, even though i called in an hour before i was scheduled to come in. i felt like such a bitch doing it, but i had to do it. i put my sanity first.
tonight i sent my co-op shit in. love that i had less than 24hours to do what everyone else had 4 weeks to do [i'm done complaining]. i put it all out there & now its time to wait (again) for companies to make their choices for who they want to interview. 


aside from the stress of today, i've had a lot of stress. all self-induced of course. i'm tired. i'd like a vacation.


speaking of work . . .
myra's dionysus; i will never get over the fact that i work here. there are so many "myra things" its ridiculous.





but---i also got a 1/2 job. what is a 1/2 job? well its a job where you don't get paid, but you fucking love it. yes you are reading about the girl at my favorite yoga studio who signs people in before class & swiffers the studio after class. in return for my "work" i get free classes. it is absolutely ideal. (minus the fact that i take the city bus there, but i deal)


perk of the studio location: hyde park.
fresh carrot from the hyde park farmer's market. 


i did take some time for myself this weekend. for the record that is the biggest diet coke of my life & inception was fantastic.





what was the last movie you saw? inception, this movie kind of blew my mind. i think i told my sister that my life had be changed.
do you put yourself first? or more go go go? eh with the excess stress i put on myself i find that i have to really work to put myself first, my first instinct is to keep going.










6 comments:

  1. Your half-job situation sounds pretty sweet! I'd definitely be willing to do that for some free yoga classes :) And I want to see Inception sooo badly, especially because I can't even remember the last movie I saw in theaters. Yes, I'm super cool :)

    And I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with so much stress :( But I think it's great that you put yourself first and took the time off. I used to kill myself trying to do things, as well, but lately I've been putting my health first, and I'm liking it a lot more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got the same ginormous diet coke.. and went to see inception.. damnit, it was sold out!!!
    .. maybe tomorrow :D tee hee

    Its awesome you get giant carrots and free yoga!! WAHOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing the work, and no surprise that you finished well ahead of the deadline! ;) I think that your 1/2 job is ideal and the city bus allows for time to yourself to compose your thoughts (Loved it when I did it!) It really is a big city experience in a not so big city. Glad that you are taking time for yourself -- you're worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. don'tfeel bad for a second about calling out of work! it helps. it sounds like you are very busy and keeping your sanity is important. i hope you feel a little better to-day? (dunno why i just put a dash between the "to" and "day")

    the last movie i saw was The Last Airbender, omg it was SO BAD. i hate fantasy genre/movies/books in general (except for Harry Potter) and scott had to drag me to this one, but it was ridiculous, the acting... omg. but yeah, i really want to see Inception! definitely more my type. can't wait for Eat Pray Love too :D

    mmm diet coke. so chemical-y but so good. my favorite is actually Sprite Zero, but that's harder to find :(

    happy wednesday <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, it sounds really crappy right now.
    Just enjoy what you can and try to get through the bad stuff.

    My last movie was...last night! We saw Despicable Me. Cute kids movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg inception was my last movie too! it was AMAZING. and it's so cool that you get free classes in exchange for doing some work around the yoga place..that's a deal.

    hang in there, girl!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete